Monday, September 6, 2010

new couches: a defining moment

I thought I was going to get new couches yesterday.


But in a weird twist of events and maybe a hateful sales lady that hurt my feelings, I convinced myself that it was a bit of a rash decision.

So we got a free couch from a family member and bought a slip cover.


And it looks really good and we saved a ton of money in the process.


But I was still really cranky. I might have stuck my bottom lip out for awhile and ate my feelings in a Japanese restaurant which I regretted later. I had those thoughts like, "I just feel like I should be old enough to deserve _____ "(insert material item).



Do you ever do that? I just feel irrational but justified at the same time.


But last night while I was trying to go to sleep, I thought about all of the things that I do have and that list got very long. And I thought about living within my means and how I can look at it as saving a ton of money that would have been financed for stupid new, beautiful, olive green-ish, quality made, stain resistant, non-slip covered couches.



I'm okay with it. Really I am.


1 comment:

Danielle Sands said...

who needs couches when you have a BEAUTIFUL front yard to sit in!! Invest in some comfy patio furniture instead... it will be cheaper and make you just as happy :")

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...