Thursday, January 24, 2013

I am so craftastic

I am an idea person.  

I can imagine grand ideas, especially when it comes to DIY crafts, but rarely do I ever finish a task.  So you can imagine my excitement when I recently completed a craft from start to finish.

BEHOLD

DIY frames!

I found these oval picture frames at Goodwill for like, $1 a piece.  You couldn't take the picture out of them but I had an idea of painting them with chalkboard paint and then writing initials or quotes on them.  It took two coats of chalkboard paint.   



 Ta-da!!  I really like how they turned out.  Spoiler alert:  I'm giving away my daughter's initials.  We will all know soon enough! 

Then I picked up a bunch of different wooden picture frames from various thrift stores and bought some light blue and cream acrylic paint.  Using a small sponge brush, I lightly swept over the frames with the blue paint and then did the same with the cream. 



 Not bad, eh?  They have an old vintage look.  I also did the same thing on a silver frame that had more detailing (see above).  I really like how that one turned out too. 


I've been working away on my embroidery skillz and bought a piece of fabric to stitch a quote on.  I also got this gold frame at a thrift store.  This is a line from a song that my Mamaw would always sing to me.  

All in all, I probably spent $20 for 7 frames, paint, fabric & brushes.  I already had a little can of chalkboard paint. 

Now I just need to hang them up!  As soon as I figure out some pictures to put in the frames I think the nursery will be all set. 

I can craft!  I really can!

3 comments:

Molly Harper said...

So cute, Val!! I LOVE it!

Valerie said...

Thank you!!!! They are still sitting there needing to be hung up. procrastination...

PJH said...

Those are awesome!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...