Wednesday, January 9, 2013

a to do list of sorts

Maybe it is being in the midst of winter or waiting around for this baby to come, but all I can think about are things that I want to do this year.  

bee keeping

We plan on getting a hive or two this year and starting a journey of bee keeping.  I find bees both fascinating and scary.  They have always been the one insect that I am afraid of.  But I love fresh honey.  I'm excited to see if this happens!

cross stitch/knitting

So this is a new hobby that I have already started.  I needed something to do with my hands while I rested at home so I've been teaching myself how to cross stitch.  Once I start I can't stop so hopefully I will keep this up.  I also really want to take up crochet/knitting. 

soap making

I would love to learn how to make my own soap using herbs from the garden.  I've been reading some blogs that outline it in detail so I think I am going to give it a shot and see what I come up with.

canning
  source

Canning is a MUST this year.  We plan to double the size of our garden and can as much as we can (ha) for the year.  I grew up watching my mamaw and mom can so I think I've got it in my blood.  I just need to go for it.  

bread baking

I love homemade bread.  I even love the long process of making it.  There is just something different about eating bread that you made yourself.  You appreciate it so much more.  I hope to bake as much bread as I can in 2013. 

write, play, love
  
"Your heart sings like a kettle
And your words, they boil away like steam"


swoon.  I love the lyrics in this song.
Oh my music goals.  Always highs and lows.  I haven't been as dedicated to songwriting or practicing during the pregnancy but I hope to make the space after the baby comes and I am not tied down to hours in an office.  I want to fall in love with songwriting again and pick up my guitar more often.  I want to play out for the right reasons---the love of it all.  I want to record an EP.  I want to get a music website up and going.

Okay.  Now my head is spinning.




Let's check back in Jan. 2014 and see how all of this panned out, shall we?  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...