Friday, September 25, 2009

musical weekend


found here

Unlike this fury friends, I will not be in total relaxation mode for the weekend BUT I am excited about my plans.

If you haven't noticed...I added a little bit to my "about me" section to push myself and publicly acknowledge that I am pursuing being a real live singer/ songwriter.
(because....the public needs to know this very important information.)


Anyways, my mind has been all sorts of places lately planning for the big move so I scheduled some one on one time with one of my favorite singer/songwriter Mickey Nelson of Roanoke VA. He is the one who graciously let me add harmony on his most recent project.


I am going to stay with him and his lovely family this weekend for a good ole' workshop session. We are going to be working on a set list of songs so that we can start booking gigs together, recording a demo (very excited about this part..he surprised me!!!) and working on my mad guitar skillzzz.


Thankfully, Andrew is a good halfway point between Richmond and Roanoke, so I will squeeze in a slumber party with him tonight and Sunday night.


WORK WORK WORK. That's what I plan on doing this weekend. But it's the good kind. The kind you want to do.




Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Mary Grace Mock said...

Hi! Just found your blog! I love it! I will become an avid reader :) Where are you moving???

Valerie said...

yay!!!! How sweet of you! I will do the same!

I'm moving to Mt. Sidney, VA. It's in between Staunton and Harrisonburg! It's a tiny farming town but I can't wait to be back in the mountains!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...