Monday, September 21, 2009

mountain creature love



Andrew loves hiking. And so do I, but not like that boy. He is like a mountain creature that could walk for days and miles on end and no matter what, no matter how hard it is, he has a huge smile on his face the entire way.

So I shouldn't have been surprised when our hike in the Shenandoah National Forest on Saturday turned out to be 12 miles long!!

It may be documented that I am not always the best person to take on hikes. And this was going to be the longest one we have ever hiked together.
Maybe it was the cool weather.
Maybe it was my power braids that made me feel 15 again.
But I loved every second of it.








2 scraggly loves.



creepin' in. i love the fall.


FINALLY, just as the sun set we made it back to the car.

(In our delusion we thought the stuffed beaver in the back of my car was hiiiiiiilarious. )







and of course, I was taken to eat immediatly afterwards (he's learning).


A burger, fries, and chocolate shake from Wrights Dari Rite was exactly what I needed. How cute is this place?


mmmmmmmmmmmmm......I was happy, stuffed and couldn't move my legs.


all in all, a great day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what an incredible trip! i love eating after a good hike :)

ps: i think you blog is awesome and i have given you a little blogging award...so do come by and check it when you get a chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...