Tuesday, November 27, 2012

blood shot eyes, chubby cheeks, can't lose

 In other words, I am 28 weeks pregnant.
(I hope you appreciate my Friday Night Lights humor)

Blood shot eyes:  sleeping has become a game of sorts.  I have to time it perfectly or I will be up and down all night.  Last night I went to bed too early, which meant I was up again at 12:00 a.m. (and 1:30 & 2:00).  I'm too cheap to get a body pillow so I just stick one in between my legs, spoon another, and then have one for my head.  Yes, this means Andrew only has one pillow now but he doesn't complain too much. 

Chubby cheeks:  I'm not really the limiting type and after not being able to eat for about 15 weeks I made a promise to myself that I would never take eating for granted again.  Clearly, I have lived up to my personal promise.  Watching the scale numbers go up and up is a little shocking but I try to balance it out.  Who am I kidding?  I eat what I want, when I want, and then go for walks at night.  I don't have enough brain cells available to be too hard on myself.  Words of the wise---pick and choose what you want to really focus on and try and let the rest slip by.  Luckily I chose working on being happy & not anx ridden during pregnancy.  Pass the cupcakes. 

Can't lose:  Well, because the end result is going to be my little baby!  duh. 



Thankfully one of my bosom buddies willed down a bunch of maternity clothes to me.  I took two fabulous bathroom snap shots because this shirt gives that nice tent look, so you can't really tell how big my belly is getting without the signature two handed belly grab.  

Keep on growin' little thing.  I'll do my part and keep on eatin'.  :) 

4 comments:

PJH said...

You look awesome! Those pants are so cute. I finally stopped wearing my maternity clothes (after 3 months post partum!) so I can give you some stuff to help you make it through these last few months when I see you on Friday! PS--Eat up girl, this is your time to shine!

Valerie said...

Loveeee you! I will take all will downs to help in these last months! That would be awesome. I bought these pants at Motherhood Maternity and they have been my saving grace at work. Lots of stretch and a nice belly panel. Can't wait to see you on Friday!

kelly said...

you look fantastic! i am obsessed with your pregnancy...#creepy. and keep eating--your legs are toothpicks! xxoo

Unknown said...

ditto to it all! you look great and so so so happy!xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...