Friday, March 18, 2011

go time.

"art, especially the stage, is an area where it is impossible to walk without stumbling. There are in store for you many unsuccessful days and whole unsuccessful seasons, great misunderstandings and deep disappointments. You must be prepared for all of this, accept it and nevertheless stubbornly, fanatically follow your own way." -Anton Chekhov

I have this quote in a frame in my bathroom.  I read it everyday, just about.  It was given to me my senior year of college from my favorite Theatre professor and I cherish it.  It makes me feel good about falling on my face a million times and having the courage to get back up again.  

"Timon of Athens" starts it's run this evening.  Please think of me tonight at 7:30.  My guts will be hanging out on a stage singing, and probably stumbling, but fanatically following my way.

2 comments:

PJH said...

I can't wait to hear about it! Miss you.

Emily said...

Wow, I really like that quote! It is so encouraging. I hope you did great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...