Wednesday, May 13, 2009

sweetness


I spent the morning in Charlottesville, VA running some work errands and after I finished up my duties I started to hit the road back to Richmond- just needed a little pick me up before my travels.


I had noticed a little donut and coffee shop called, "Spudnuts" earlier in the day and decided a donut and coffee sounded perfectly delightful as my mid-morning snack.


I loved this little shop. $1.58 later I had a chocolate glazed donut and smedium (somewhere between the medium size and the teeny-tiny small size) coffee. I took a seat on the bar stool, admired all of the comic strips, pictures and old newspaper clippings on the wall and loved this poster staring me right in the face:


Time is

too slow for those who wait

too swift for those who grieve

too short for those who rejoice

but for those who love,

time is

eternity.


Isn't that lovely? Thought so too. My Andrew called as soon as I set open to steal a quick few pages of this wonderful book, "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society", recommended by my dear friend Amy.


I told him what I was doing, he laughed and said, "Val, the D in Diet does not stand for donut" (I have been trying to cut down on my sweets). Oopps.


*he doesn't know about the 2nd donut to-go*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...