Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Admission


I admit it.




I started this blog and then got scared. Scared of what? Maybe of what other people would think of me. But that is silly. I have pictures posted everywhere on Facebook, a Myspace page that has my music on it (which was a BIG step for me) but for some reason thinking that someone, anyone would want to know my thoughts and experiences seemed......well, a bit self indulgent.

But then I thought about all of the blogs I have been following and stumbling upon and how they have lifted my spirits and made me not feel all alone (which I admit I do feel sometimes in my apartment with most of my love ones residing in different cities). I love to get this window view into their lives. These people are not lifting themselves up, they lift others up. And that is what I want to do. I have a feeling, deep down inside, that that is what I am supposed to do. What we are supposed to do.

So. There it is. I will stop being afraid of what others might think of me, because as a wise woman--who I owe so much to and I'm afraid she will never truly know the impact that her words had on my life-- "what other people think of me is none of my business"

I like to change that mantra a bit in my mind though:

"what other people think of me is none of my business--unless it produces and distributes positivity and love that I may share"

So here we go. Not sure if anyone other than my dear friends and family will read, but so it goes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...