Wednesday, May 27, 2009

it's a beauty. i just can't thread it.

This is what I was so excited about.




A White Series 77 Sewing Machine

Short story on why I am so excited:

I have really odd dreams. All of the time. A few weeks ago I had a very vividly real dream that I was buying sewing machine (beautiful, old, well kept..) from a yard sale. A woman approached me about the machine and she told me that it had been her mothers who had just passed away.

and I bought it (in my dream).

Ever since then I have really really wanted to find this old sewing machine. After many unsuccessful trips to local thrift/consignment shops she finally appeared.

The woman who had owned the machine (who also happened to be the owners mother-in-law) had just passed away.

Okay. I know. This really isn't anything special BUT I felt like it was a little creepy and maybe I secretly think there will be a ghost or spirit in this sewing machine.

OH and,

many thanks to the poor neighbors who happened to walk by today and get suckered into helping me lug this solid wood table up a flight of stairs.

I've always depended on the kindness of strangers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...