Thursday, March 7, 2013

getting use to fluids


The past 10 days have become a bit of a blur.  Has it only been 10 days?  It feels a lot longer than that.  I've adjusted to living in a zombie like state.  Some nights have been really hard (like breakdown crying on your pillow at 4 a.m. hard because you have just spilled the bottle of milk you pumped, leaked on the bed yourself, and the baby needs ANOTHER diaper change) and other nights have been easy breezy and I feel like, yeah, I got this.  Right about the time I think yeah, I got this, Ev will spit up all over the place or leak this yellow corn poop out of her diaper and I realize I am not in control.  But all I have to do is look at her little face and I get all weepy and mama bear like and tell her that I am so thankful that I get to do all of this for her.  

There were so many things that no one really could have prepared me for.  Or maybe they could have but I didn't listen.  Like, this whole breastfeeding thing.  Day 3 came, the milk came, and I had NO clue what I was doing.  Thankfully I have had some amazing friends who came to the rescue.  They kept telling me that it would get easier and it really has.  

I still get really tired easy.  I'm not sure why I thought I would bounce back and be ready for regular life soon, but I do some light housekeeping and quickly loose energy.  Then when I complain about feeling lazy Andrew reminds me that I just pushed out a 9 pound baby 10 days ago.  Oh yeah...I did that?    

So, I'm trying to take it slow while taking it all in at the same time.  I don't want to blink and miss a thing.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...