Friday, July 2, 2010

Livin' on love.


I was browsing through some pictures on my computer tonight and found this one. I think Andrew took it one night. Isn't he a little creepers?

I played last night at Mockingbird. (this was very exciting for me)

I had 2 glasses of wine when I got off stage. (my god they tasted good)

I am officially hung over after just two glasses of wine. (lightweight)

Which is never, ever a good thing to do if you have a job interview in the morning, children.
I don't think it would have worked out anyways. There was mentioning of cleaning up human feces and I almost darted towards the door.
I think she could tell from the expression on my face that this would not be up my alley.
So I left in a daze of nausea, haziness, and a little shaken by the intense Friday morning interview. I stepped into the Ford 350 truck that I borrowed from the farm (did I mention my car died? We are going to bring her back to life soon...) and stopped by my least favorite place in the world, Wal-Mart.
I didn't think this one through.
I carried my only purchase, a 5000 lb bag of cat liter, in heels, to the truck and thought to myself....how in the world did I end up here? Do you ever have those moments? Where you just kinda step outside of yourself and take a good look and maybe a good laugh?

Anywho, this whole finding a supplementary job thing is just..not moving as fast as I would like. Which would be like, NOW.

But I'm being picky. And stubborn. And I want instant gratification. Damn.

There is an upside to this. Now my favorite part of the day is when Andrew reads me the classifieds and helps me search for a job. They posted a job for an egg picker the other day. I have to say I thought about it for a good minute.

So cross your fingers for me, for us. Girlfriend needs a paycheck.

2 comments:

Crystal Pinson said...

Ok, so I thought I was the only human that still said children! In fact, when I say it, with my hillbilly grammar it should really be spelled childern! I love it.

I can so hear Debbie's voice in some of the stuff you say (or blog in this case). There is no doubting you are your mother's daughter!

As for human feces, I compare it to Wal-Mart. It sometimes is a necessary evil! Of course, I refer to Wal-Mart as 'the devil'.

But, to my point, human feces isn't all that bad. (So, why do I feel vomit in the back of my throat when I say that?) You know what they say 'you have to eat a lot of shit before making it to the top'. (Again, vomit in my throat.) And, honey, you are definately on your way to the top!

Damn, I give up, I've talked about feces so much I forgot what 'my point' was! Ha!

Nonetheless, fingers are crossed for you!

-Love-
Crystal

Valerie said...

Thank you my Crystal! This made me laugh out loud. So glad there are amazing beautiful people like you and my mom who can deal with the poo.

& I feel the same way about wal mart!
love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...