Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th Recap

I'm a little late in my recap but better late than never, right? I had the best weekend full of BBQ's & friends and fires. Yes, fires. Tell you about it in a minute.
I started Saturday off at the Staunton Parade. It was one of the best parades I have been to! I loved it and got to spend the morning with these beautiful people:

(and this girl is my long lost friend. did I mention she has the cutest baby ever?)



The parade had some of my favorite things: Kettle corn, pageant queens, cloggers, and young baseball players.


I had to snap this picture taken down the street. Lot's of rebel flags were flying here in the south.


On the 4th we went over to Andrew's sisters house for fireworks.



Everything was going swell until a firework caught of fire and blew up all the rest on the ground and caught the incredibly dry field on fire. See below:




Good thing we had a water truck and a volunteer fire fighter on hand. But it was scary for a bit and will be a firework celebration I won't forget soon!



Next up we went to our friend's Luke & Travis's house to get our annual bucket truck ride! It goes 60 feet in the air and you can see fireworks from all over the valley. I highly suggest seeing any fireworks this way...as long as you aren't afraid of heights.



*60 ft. high in the bucket truck*


They boys set off more illegal fireworks (this looks safe, doesn't it?) and our 4th of July adventures were soon over.


Hope you had a great weekend too! xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...