Tuesday, June 1, 2010

F.I.T.P.



F.I.T.P.
festival in the park
roanoke, VA

There was sweat and parrots and fresh lemonade and funnel cakes OH MY.

I didn't even mind that they spelled my name ValOrie on all of the print material. Maybe it can be my stage spelling.

Saturday we played on the smaller stage and had to battle the sun & the parrots that were behind us, waiting to get back on the stage. Every 5 minutes or so, in the middle of a song we would hear, "CAWWW CAWWW" (is that a crow or a parrot? Not sure). I think they really liked us and it was just their way of giving us applause.

(The parrots are in the back with blankets over the cages)
Things went great. AND I got to see my Momma there so it made it extra special.
Sunday we were at the big girls stage. The real deal people. A big ole' honkin stage.
It was pretty darn exciting for me.
(and I ran into this girl beforehand & her bubbli-ness immediately made me happy)


I have some new recordings and other pictures that I am going to update my myspace music page with ASAP.

But you can also listen to a lil' bit of me here. Eric came to the open mic night the other week & filmed a little snippet. He's one of my favorite people in the world.

Ta ta.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...