Monday, June 7, 2010

berry good


We took a family stroll on Sunday on our land and discovered that our backyard is covered in black raspberry bushes. I can't tell you how excited we were!

The bushes had tons of berries, just waiting to be picked.

The minute I ate one I immediately was taken back to my childhood, pickin' berries on the side of Dorchester Road in Norton with my Great Grandaddy, Mamaw, Mom, cousins & Aunts galore.

This discovery called for some serious Berry Pickin' Time.

We got out out straw hats, overalls and flannel & set to work.
*farmer A & V*
(funny thing is.....we weren't playing dress up. This is a usual outfit for both of us. So fashion forward, I know)





We filled up our containers & I knew exactly what needed to happen.....





Black Raspberry Cobbler!
(we dug in before I remembered to snap a picture)





And this little future niece munchkin (aka Aubrey) gave me a thumbs up approval.

I'm lovin' the farm life right now my people. :)
Come and visit us soon and we can go berry pickin' together!

3 comments:

Grateful Gramma said...

Beautiful photos!

Danielle Sands said...

Loooove it! Miss you so much!

future niece... hehe makes me giddy

Angie said...

Ohhhhh so jealous! And I LOVE the outfits :) xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...